Sunday, April 1, 2012

Adorable kids being adorable

I have to give NPH credit for keeping the kids pretty busy here; they do hours upon hours of chores before and after school, then during the evenings and weekends there's almost always some kind of activity going on. Usually I tend to avoid the activities; I feel like I get more than enough time with the kids and an afternoon in the hammock with a book is hard to give up. Today's activity sounded to cute to miss though, so I hauled my ass up the stairs to watch the kids perform traditional Guatemalan dances.

Here's everyone waiting to pile into the cafeteria


First the older kids went. Here's Alexander leading the Salsa (salsa is huge here, Antigua has Salsa schools all over the place for tourists.)


Emerson was excited by my camera. He was really funny, every time a new act came out he pointed at my camera until I took a picture. I told him he should be a talent agent when he gets older because he made it seem like every group was the greatest thing ever.


Alvaro was more curious than excited, there are about thirty pictures exactly like this on my camera now.


Finally I made him pose


Here's our youngest kid ready for his number! His role is a farmer so he has a little moustache, so cute!!


I want to eat Jordy's face!! He's so damn cute!


And here's my little man Brayan in the middle


And here are the girls dressed up in traditional Mayan garb. I see girls dressed like this every day but its still adorable


Here's a video of their performance. It's a bit boring in the beginning (sorry kids) but it gets slightly more interesting as it goes on. Basically it's about the men going out into the fields during the day to help provide for their families.



It was a fun little performance and the kids seemed to be really proud of themselves. And lucky for me, I still had time to get some relaxing done afterwards :D

No comments:

Post a Comment