Thursday, April 5, 2012

...

...and as he paid his bill, left the cafe and headed to the bus stop to return to the orphanage, he was pick pocketed. Bye bye wallet. There was another procession going by and probably three times as many people crowded together. While I was herded through the crowd, my hands firmly in my pockets gripping my iPhone and money, someone pulled my wallet out of my side pocket and took off.

High five to myself for having the foresight to separate my money. All he got was Q100 (equal to $15).

Slap upside the head to myself for leaving my license, credit card and debit card in there. Now I have no way to pay for anything, save for the other Q100 that I had in my pocket.

I spent the bus ride home in a very foul mood. While I can't claim to be happy right now, I'm better than I was. I have so much to be grateful for. Losing my iPhone or computer would have been a much bigger blow, and I'm in a place where I can function quite well with no money. If I were on vacation this would be much harder to deal with, but I have a free home, free food and a recently charged-up cell phone. The credit cards can be cancelled and really all I'm out in the end is $15. I said I came here for experiences and to grow, and that means for good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment