Friday, August 19, 2011

SEA MONKEYS!!! Wait a minute...

Yeah, this story is a little gross, just a heads up. So I'm sitting at my computer (as usual), looking out my bedroom window admiring the gorgeous day when I see movement from the vase on my windowsill. I look down in the water and there are all these little sea-monkey-esque things swimming around. My inner six year old was extremely excited, but after quickly realizing that a) amoebas don't get that big and b) sea monkeys wouldn't spontaneously generate in my bamboo water, I started to get a little concerned. And then it hit me. They were mosquito larvae! In my friggen bedroom! Some asshole mosquito not ONLY bit me while I slept, but also decided to lay her evil blood-sucking children here so that they could feast on me too! Check out these nasty things:



So despite the neglected look of my bamboo plants, I actually do want to keep them alive. I would've emptied the whole thing out and cleaned it but I was running late for a training. I needed a quick fix, and thanks to my best friend the internet, I found out that a quick fix for mosquitos is vegetable oil! It forms a layer on top of the water which makes it impossible for the larvae to breath; they suffocate within minutes (yes, I know. I just started eating meat and now I'm actively murdering creatures). Luckily I didn't have to watch them meet their doom, though I did see them freaking out.



When I came home from training, boom, all dead. Total success.

No comments:

Post a Comment