Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Fun Time

Tonight I completed my yearly tradition of heading back to Jersey for the Sussex County Farm and Horse Show. I had a great time, as always, even more so this year because I went with mom, Flo and Jamie (we also bumped into Kayla there but technically she didn't go with us). The fair served as a lovely reminder as to why I ran away from Sussex County in the first place; throughout the night I was approached by the NRA, the Tea Party AND the Republican Party. Barking up the wrong tree, buddies.
As usual, my favorite part was seeing the animals. Check out all these awesome guys, I totally want to get chickens now (an old desire that is now resurfacing...)



I love these fuzzy looking ones.



There were so many chicks this year!! I dont think I saw any last year so i was really excited. Here's a mom with her three little ones.



While we're talking about cute babies, here's an adorable little pygmy goat.



My favorite animal of the night was this insanely adorable bunny. I miss having something furry to pet, Brady just doesn't cut it. He's cute to look at but doesn't like to cuddle. I'm sure this bunny would LOVE to cuddle (I could easily overpower it if not):



This was the first time I got to see the fireworks there. At this point in the night we were already heading out of the fairgrounds so we only caught them in passing, but still very pretty:



Naturally I also ate funnel cake and fried oreos but alas, they were eaten before I had time to pull out my camera. So delicious!! After the fair I stayed at mom's for two days chilling with her, Flo and the kids (J is away for business). It was great to hang with everyone, especially mom and Jamie, neither of whom I get a lot of alone time with. I also got to do dinner with my friend Tracey who I havent seen in months (years??). It was great :) I definitely look forward to reconnecting with her when I get back to NJ in a few months. For now its back to NY and back to my planning! (and occasional video game playing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment