Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Confirmation

Well, no big surprise that a Catholic-run organization would find Confirmation a huge reason to celebrate. Like the Communions we did a few months back, Confirmations are done once a year for all the kids who are ready, regardless of age. This year there was a relatively small group of kids getting confirmed, maybe 15 or so. The cafeteria was decked out to the nines, as usual for our big events.



The clinic was the first department to arrive, so we chose seats right up front. Little did we realize this was the designated section for Casa de Bebes. Jack and I found ourselves in babysitting mode for the next three hours.

The kids were fascinated by Jack's levatating chopped finger trick


I relied more on technology to entertain my kids. Here we are having a scary face contest for the camera. I totally won, suckah.


Aileen (Julian's sister) was one of the kids being confirmed. So pretty.


Janelle, Charlotte and I in our fancy clothes


This is a big step in the life of a Catholic, so the Bishop came out for it. This is the first time I've ever seen a bishop in mass before, so it was kind of exciting for me.

"Mawage. Mawage is wat bwings us togeder today"



The mass itself was pretty short. He kept having the kids chant things like "I love Jesus" and "I believe in Jesus" which seemed a little cult-y to me, wasn't really feeling that. Generally though it was nice. He poured water on their heads and blessed them all. Then he raised his arms above his head and flew off into the sunset, looking for other souls to save.

No comments:

Post a Comment