Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Health Update

I've only been off T for three weeks and I already feel awful. I used to be pretty horrible about doing my injections on time, so I pretty much knew what to expect as my hormone levels dropped, but it's still crappy. My sex drive is always the first thing to bottom out (which is a welcomed development here) but then that's followed by pretty hardcore depression which is what I'm settling into now. It's hard to determine what exactly is causing what. Is me feeling lonely just caused by being away from home? Am I feeling lost because I just finished that really awesome book that I had been reading for two weeks, and now I don't have anything to do? (I always go through a period of mourning after reading a good book) Regardless of the reasons, I know the T is amplifying everything. I've been pouty for days and all I want to do is come home and get married and have babies, hahaha. It's true though.

BUT! The rainbow to all this dreary news is I got my lab results back and everything is a-ok with my blood. I don't know if the pause in medication would have affected things that quickly or if I have my sudden passion for staying well hydrated to thank, but either way everything is fine so now I can start on a low dose again and get my head right. I'm glad for it and I know in another week or two I'll start to feel normal again. Until then I need to find happier books. I wanted a quick read to distract myself today and I had downloaded a free copy of The Giver a while ago, so I figured I could rip through that in a few hours. Dear Lord! What a horribly depressing book. I must have daydreamed through the last half of it in grade school because I had zero memory of it beyond the first few chapters. Anyway, I'm off to watch Mothra vs Godzilla because nothing makes me smile like the little island Priestesses singing the Mothra song (and watching small-scale models being destroyed).



No comments:

Post a Comment