Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cooking

Just want to throw it out there that I've been on a cooking storm :D Last week I paid 65Q ($9) for a fully cooked rotisserie chicken from Antigua. I've gotten these guys in the past, they're insanely delicious and well worth the price. I ate it for a few days as is, then started using the meat in cheese quesadillas. After a few days of that, I didn't have a ton of meat left but there were definitely a few scraps here and there. I decided to make homemade chicken noodle soup just like my mom makes! (Well, not exactly like my mom makes since I don't have her recipe. It DID involve boiling the chicken bones to make broth which is definitely Martha Stewart-esque enough for me to feel good about it ;)
It came out awesome!


I probably got a total of ten meals out of that little chicken, not too shabby!

Sunday all the volunteers had a pot luck dinner around a campfire. It was a lot of fun and there was some AWESOME food. It's really neat having people from all over because we get a good variety of stuff to try. I made some homemade chili (a slight variation from Sean Linehan's recipe) that was ALMOST as good as his. Very delicious indeed, it garnished a ton of compliments which made me feel happy!

Sadly I should've put a little more thought into cooking two different soup-type recipes at the same time. Now I have enough leftovers to last me the next week worth of meals. Not a great thing considering it's been close to 80 degrees everyday... Maybe I finish it all before it goes off I'll treat myself to a watermelon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment