Saturday, December 22, 2012

Volunteer Christmas Party

I have to say, it's pretty damn depressing not being home for Christmas. I got through last year feeling a little sorry for myself, but I was still new to Guatemala and even laying in bed and watching Spanish TV was exciting to me. This year I'm feeling it a lot more. I've been here for 13 months. I miss being home, I miss my family and friends, and since Christmas is a time for being with your loved ones, everything is just intensified right now.

Luckily the Volunteer Coordinator Erika was well aware of this, so she organized a nice "family" dinner at her house. There was plenty of gayity and merriment, I had a really good time. There may have been some slight inebriation to help with that ;)

Look at the pretty set up :)


Me, Jose Louis and Alejandra


Jack and I looking good


There's a rumor going around NPH that Charlotte is my girlfriend. I've decided to do everything I can to perpetuate that. Aren't we a handsome couple


Katie tried to steal me away with her fancy linked elbow drinking trick, but her seductions failed.


Gorgeous people


We all did a Secret Santa type thing. Everyone picked a name out of a hat. You had to buy that person a present and wrap it in a way so that they could choose it as theirs from a pile without seeing a name. The boxes were decorated with country flags, different drawings, various inside jokes. Here was mine!! I chose it right away. (For those who don't know, I love the X-Files and have been watching the series from the beginning for the last few months). And those are my presents! Luckily Stephanie got me and she knew exactly what I had been looking for: a Guatemalan tree ornament! I love it! She got me a cute little painting of Antigua with a very ominous, erupting Agua in the background. It's unintentionally apocolyptal, so I like it even more because of that. Hooray for parties!


No comments:

Post a Comment