Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lightening storms

No big surprise that we're getting lots of storms here since it's rainy season right now, but man, these storms are INTENSE. Tonight I was coming home after a lovely day in Antigua with one of the new volunteers Alejandra. As we were walking back from the Parramos bus stop, I could barely focus on what she was saying to me because in front of us was an ENORMOUS lightening storm. It was behind the mountain that's in front of NPH, so I wasn't worried about getting hurt. I was just blown away by how beautiful it was. The lightening here seems way more fierce than what we get back home, every five seconds there was another strike and that went on for well over an hour. It made me think of when I was younger and we used to get big thunderstorms at our house in Vernon. We lived in the mountains and would get amazing storms. We had a row of windows in our kitchen, so we'd turn off all the lights, sit around the kitchen table and watch the lightening and rain outside. It was always a happy, exciting experience when we had a big storm. I was quite happy to stand outside by myself for a while and watch this one.




1 comment: