Sunday, August 19, 2012

Celibacy

It sucks, just in case you were wondering. When I made the decision to come here, I knew it meant I’d have to put my dating life on hold. Aside from the issues that normal volunteers would have with dating (Is it worth dating when you know you have to leave in a year? Can you really get to know someone well enough with broken Spanish to develop a relationship with them?), I have my own little… complications. Sadly, being honest and open isn’t really an option here due to safety concerns, but I understood that coming in and I felt that avoiding any kind of romantic connections during this year wouldn’t be all that difficult.

Unfortunately, when I was imagining the temptations I’d have to overcome here, I didn’t take into account how obscenely attractive and seductive I am. I knew I had enough willpower to avoid pursuing people, but what about when people are asking ME out?! Especially when it’s people I’m interested in?! Let me just tell you, my self-control is being stretched to its absolute limit right now.


1 comment:

  1. Oh My! Sometimes Life Sucks! REALLY. It must be tough to be young. (I forget) However, you only live once and as long as no one gets hurt...go for it. Whoever is after your bod and your lovin' knows this too....and "they" know you are not there for the long run. Be realistic. Is it a professional No-No? Are they looking for a green card? Or is it one of your peers??....then....oh well...ENJOY. Follow your heart and always ask yourself..."What would I tell my sister, my best friend or a co-worker, if they asked me...will I feel proud and whole afterwards?" There ya go ....You are one smart cookie...Answer your own questions...You will have the right answers. ;~) Damn I'm glad I don't have such a dilema!! However...I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete