Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nacimientos

I waited to long to do the blog entry for this and now I’m feeling lazy and unmotivated, but I still wanted to share the pictures. All the churches here around Christmas time have nacimientos, or nativity sets. They can range from simple to super elaborate (one that I saw had a working waterfall in it). They usually run from Christmas to the beginning of February or so, and they can be a good source of revenue for the churches since they bring in a lot of tourists/spectators. Here are a few of the cool ones we saw around Antigua:

Here's a tall one. It was built to actual size (well, not ACTUAL size since I doubt a cow would be happy living in there, but it's big enough to accommodate people)



What is this, a nativity for ants?!


God I love models




Here's a random shot of the ceiling of a church.



No comments:

Post a Comment