Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Painting from HELL

So as my end time approaches, I've been finding myself crazy busy. I feel like I'm paying for all the lovely downtime I had at the beginning of my unemployment. I have never ending lists of stuff that needs to get done before Thursday, and every time I do something it seems to spawn three other things that need to get done. I feel like I'm really coming down to the wire here. On top of everything that I'm doing, I also took a job from a friend painting her apartment. It seemed like a great idea at the time because I really needed any money I could get, but it's taking soooooo long to finish! I'm such a horribly inefficient painter. I'm afraid the step stool cant handle my weight and its is going to collapse while I'm trying to hang up these endless strips of painters tape. If only I was seven feet tall, I could blast through this all. It looks good so far though! Her apartment was really nice before, we're painting it back to the boring neutral color so she can move out. Here are some before and after pictures.
Let me tell ya, painting something white is a hell of lot less satisfying than painting it something pretty. But good news is she's offering me really great compensation for the job which should take a good chunk out of the cost of the language school. Speaking of which I should really start my research and pick out a school. I've been so focused on getting out of NY, I can't wait to get to NJ and start focusing on the next steps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment