Friday, October 7, 2011

Mini vacation to Yonkers

So the couch surfing thing is going pretty well. For those who don't know, I don't really have a permanent place to crash in NJ so for the next few weeks I'm kind of floating around a bit. Jamie and her husband Rob have been letting me crash on their couch which has been really great. I really miss living with Jamie and its been nice to spend so much time with her. Its also great to see my animals again!! Here's my cat Eve. Jamie and I got her 11 years ago when we got our first apartment together! (Naturally she curls up on my clean shirt)
I'm trying to balance it out so I don't drive them crazy, I try to stay in NY or with friends once or twice a week so they still have some privacy. Luckily my good friend Pete and his partner Jared have been letting me crash there on and off. There house is so amazing, it was built in the 1890s and has gorgeous stained glass windows and dark oak detailing. I feel so at home there, its been really lovely. This week we all baked cookies together! OMG, Pete made the best jam thumbprints I've ever had before.
Dave, their roommate, is this really cool kid who's an insanely talented artist. He totally helped me adopt my new baby!!! Look at how gorgeous he is:
So now I can actually talk to people while I'm away! Hooray! (Oh, and I can also play WoW and Diablo III, but that's a minor detail ;) I got to hang out with Pete Thursday morning and watch him work which was awesome :) I always wanted to be an illustrator/animator as a kid and being in his studio is like a dream come true. It gets me kind of giddy.
Soo I've been at Jamie's for over a week now and I'm thinking about switching over to my friend Tracey's next week. She has a spare bedroom for me so I'll actually have privacy, which is really nice. Plus Tracey and I get along really well so it'll be cool to get closer with her before I head out. Counting down the weeks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment